What is Accu-Chek?
The Accu-Chek system is a quick, easy, and portable way to check blood sugar levels. Used by people with diabetes worldwide, Accu-Chek devices can report accurate blood glucose readings within seconds. Alpha Medical Solutions carries a wide range of Accu-Chek supplies to best meet the needs of our customers.
An Accu-Chek system requires three components to take a blood sugar reading:
- The metre system is a small device that interprets and displays the blood sugar level. It can be connected to phone apps to document and save information for later reference.
- The test strips have two sides — one that is inserted into the meter and one that contains a dosing area.
- Lancing devices are used to draw blood on the fingertip to be used for blood sugar readings. They are safe, easy to use, and virtually painless for the best possible experience.
When was Accu-Chek established?
Accu-Chek has over 40 years of experience providing high-quality medical devices to both patients and medical professionals. Trusted by people with diabetes around the world, Accu-Chek is continually making advances in medical technology and solutions.
As a trusted supplier of medical devices and essential medical supplies, Alpha Medical Solutions is proud to be a leading distributor of Accu-Chek in Australia.
What type of products does Accu-Chek stock?
Alpha Medical Solutions stocks a wide variety of available Accu-Chek supplies for patients and medical businesses.
We carry Accu-Chek Safe-T-Pro Plus lancets in bulk options for purchase. Available in boxes of 200 lancets, these lancing devices are sterile, easy to use, and have adjustable depth settings for additional comfort during use.
If you are looking for Accu-Chek testing strips, we carry bulk options of the Performa test strip. These testing strips have wide dosing areas to allow for easier use during a reading.
Are you looking to buy Accu-Chek test strips online? We offer convenient Australia-wide shipping to help keep your medical office stocked with all essential medical supplies. Please visit our website or contact us for additional support with your online order.
What industries and professions or individuals should consider purchasing Accu-Chek products?
Individuals or professions who would benefit from Accu-Chek products include:
- People diagnosed with diabetes or prediabetes
- Medical, dental, and healthy living clinics
- In-office surgical offices
- Health-conscious individuals
- Individuals looking to monitor their glucose levels
How do Accu-Chek strips work?
There are two sides to an Accu-Chek test strip — the side that is inserted into the device and the side that contains the dosing area for the sample collection.
The device side of the strip contains a small microchip made from a very thin layer of gold. It has been etched to match the meter system’s circuit, so when it is inserted, the circuit is completed and ready to be used.
The dosing side soaks up the blood sample and converts the glucose present into an electrical current. The higher the blood sugar, the higher the electrical current. The monitor can display an accurate reading based on the strength of the current.