Allevyn Sacral Dressing
The Allevyn Sacrum Dressing has been designed for a superior anatomical fit on the sacral area to provide enhanced pressure sore management combined with the proven benefits of Allevyn Adhesive. The features of the dressing that make it suitable for the sacrum area is that it is shaped to fit sacral area, has a low allergy adhesive which secures the dressing plus the tapered construction and micro-thin edges make it comfortable for the patient. The wound contact layer of Allevyn Sacrum dressing is coated with a low allergy adhesive which is designed to adhere well to intact skin, but not to wounds. The adhesive has a proven low risk of skin irritation. Allevyn Sacrum Dressing allows the formation and maintenance of a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, preventing eschar formation and promoting rapid and trouble-free healing.
- Shaped to fit sacral area
- Low allergy adhesive: low risk of skin irritation
- Highly Absorbent
- Tapered construction and micro-thin edges
- Unique trilaminate construction
- Perforated wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
- Waterproof outer film layer
- Quantity per Pack: 10 Wound Dressings per Pack
- As healing progresses Allevyn Sacrum dressings can stay in place for up to seven days. This capacity results from a combination of properties:
- The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing.
- Promotes early healing
- Bacteriaproof: The outer polyurethane layer of Allevyn Sacrum prevents strike-through of excess exudate from the dressing, and minimises the chances of cross-contamination and wound infection
- Allevyn Sacrum has a profiled cross-section, narrowing to micro-thin edges which ensure the dressing remains securely in place and prevents accidental removal by shear between the dressing and clothes and bedding.
- Anatomically shaped
- The unique anatomical design is able to conform to the sacral area moulding into the anal cleft, providing secure management of pressure sores and reduced risk of leakage.
- Allevyn Sacrum dressings are soft and cushioning, giving excellent patient comfort and protection.