Lack of easy, independent access to fluids is a major cause of dehydration and its associated problems.
The Hydrant is the solution.
The Hydrant is for anyone who is unable to drink independently or pick up a glass or jug, usually because they are bed bound or have limited mobility, increasing the risk of dehydration.
The Hydrant has an innovative and intelligent design to give those with limited mobility a way to increase independence, solving the problem of reaching, lifting or holding drinks and thus promotes self-sufficiency and facilitates hydration for these individuals across Aged Care, Hospitals, Home Care and Maternity.
Why is The Hydrant unique?
- The flexi-grip handle attaches to almost anything, keeping your drink close by
- The tube allows 24/7 access, allowing you to drink whenever you choose
The Hydrant Benefits:
1. For Patients/ Residents:
- Drink unassisted, decreasing their risk of dehydration
- Maintains independence and dignity for the user
- Better experience and sense of well-being
- Helps reduce serious illness and infection relating to dehydration
- Fluids instantly and easily accessible at all times
- Non return valve to prevent unwanted drips and spills
- Enables accurate monitoring of fluid intake via easy-view clear bottle with 100ml graduations
- Hang, hook or clip the bottle to a bed, chair or wheelchair
- Ergonomic handle and indentations for easy holding, even for users with a poor grip, Parkinson's, MS, arthritis etc.
2. For Nurses/ Carers - Savings and Efficiencies:
- Helps prevent dehydration-related hospital admissions
- Saves valuable staff resource, releasing more time for healthcare professionals
- Simple to use and easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- Hang, hook or clip the bottle to a bed, walking frame, chair or wheelchair
- Contributes towards a faster recovery, freeing up beds more quickly
- Reduces the risk of secondary problems associated with dehydration, therefore reducing the expense of additional drugs
3. As a result, The Hydrant brings additional benefits:
- Reduction in the number of falls
- Reduction in the amount of urine tract infections when a catheter is in place
- Reduction in the use of antibiotics
- Reduction in cases of cellulites