“9/10 Elderly patients arrive at hospital with problems caused by dehydration (BBC Points West)”
Lack of easy, independent access to fluids is a major cause of dehydration and its associated problems.
The Hydrant® is the solution.
The Hydrant® is for anyone who is unable to drink independently or pick up a glass or jug, usually because they are bed bound or have limited mobility, increasing the risk of dehydration.
The Hydrant® has an innovative and intelligent design to give those with limited mobility a way to increase independence, solving the problem of reaching, lifting or holding drinks and thus promotes self-sufficiency and facilitates hydration for these individuals across Aged Care, Hospitals, Home Care and Maternity.
Why is The Hydrant® unique?
• The flexi-grip handle attaches to almost anything, keeping your drink close by
• The tube allows 24/7 access, allowing you to drink whenever you choose
The Hydrant® Benefits:
1. For Patients/ Residents:
- Drink unassisted, decreasing their risk of dehydration
- Maintains independence and dignity for the user
- Better experience and sense of wellbeing
- Helps reduce serious illness and infection relating to dehydration
- Fluids instantly and easily accessible at all times
- Non return valve to prevent unwanted drips and spills
- Enables accurate monitoring of fluid intake via easy-view clear bottle with 100ml graduations
- Hang, hook or clip the bottle to a bed, chair or wheelchair
- Ergonomic handle and indentations for easy holding, even for users with a poor grip, Parkinson's, MS, arthritis etc.
2. For Nurses/ Carers - Savings and Efficiencies:
- Helps prevent dehydration-related hospital admissions
- Saves valuable staff resource, releasing more time for healthcare professionals
- Simple to use and easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- Hang, hook or clip the bottle to a bed, walking frame, chair or wheelchair
- Contributes towards a faster recovery, freeing up beds more quickly
- Reduces the risk of secondary problems associated with dehydration, therefore reducing the expense of additional drugs
3. As a result, The Hydrant® brings additional benefits:
- Reduction in the number of falls
- Reduction in the amount of urine tract infections when a catheter is in place
- Reduction in the use of antibiotics
- Reduction in cases of cellulites