Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS)
The Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS) is an Australian Government program that provides a payment to eligible people, to help with some of the costs of buying continence products.
CAPS help you reduce the costs of buying Continence Products.
Who is eligible?
You need to meet all the eligibility requirements to get CAPS. The basic requirements are that you:
- Have permanent and severe incontinence
- Have an eligible neurological condition or eligible other condition that is the cause of your permanent and severe incontinence
- Be 5 years or older
- Be an Australian citizen
- The CAPS payment rate for 2021–22 is $635.10.
- You can choose one full payment in July, or two half payments in July and January each year.
- The payment may increase or decrease a little every year following the Government’s budget process.
- Your CAPS payment is paid into your choice of Australian bank account.
Buying Continence Products
You can buy any Continence Products you need with CAPS at Alpha Medical Solutions. Ask your health professional about what types of products will best suit your needs.
What about State / Territory schemes?
If a person is eligible for the CAPS and is currently receiving assistance with continence (or continence related) products through a State or Territory government funded scheme, they should contact their scheme manager to find out if the assistance will be affected by their eligibility for the CAPS.
How can I Apply?
Click HERE to download CAPS Application form and Guidelines.
- A health professional must complete the Health Report component in the form.
- There is a list of Neurological conditions that are only accepted.
Health Professionals able to complete Form:
- Medical Specialist (Urologist, Gynecologist, Geriatrician, Neurologist, Neurosurgeon etc)
- Continence Nurse Specialist
- Community Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- Aboriginal health worker
Please make sure that you have read the instructions and completed all pages. Once the form is complete you can email, or post it back to us:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post to: Alpha Medical Solutions - PO Box 745 - St Ives NSW 2075
There are no products listed under this category.