Rapid Antigen Tests
Rapid Antigen Test in Australia
Rapid Antigen Tests
The ongoing mutation of the coronavirus and people’s desire to start living in the new normal have increased the demand for faster, easier ways of testing for COVID-19. The COVID Rapid Antigen Test or RAT is the most convenient and accessible test available in the market today.
COVID Rapid Antigen Tests Self-Tests
In a Rapid Antigen Test, pieces or remnants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus viral proteins (antigens) that cause COVID-19 are detected, with results usually available in under an hour.
Aside from detecting COVID-19, RATs are also used to identify the presence of other microorganisms that cause influenza, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Although Rapid Antigen nasal swab tests are only 80% effective on people who are symptomatic and less than 50% on asymptomatic individuals, RATs offer the following advantages:
- Convenient and can be taken at home
- Deliver fast results in as little as 15-30 minutes
- Cheaper than polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test
- Recommended for serial or repeat tests
- Helpful in distinguishing colds and flu from COVID-19
Buy COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Tests at Alpha Medical Solutions
If you’re looking for Rapid Antigen T kits, we offer three options that provide high levels of sensitivity and specificity:
- FlowFlex Rapid Antigen Test RAT Very High Sensitivity: The FlowFlex RAT is a COVID rapid antigen test kit that allows you to upload your test results, so you’ll receive an electronic test results certificate.
- Clungene Rapid Antigen Test RAT Self-Test: The Clungene RAT Self-Test is a COVID-19 rapid antigen nasal swab test kit that’s easy to use and provides results within 15 to 20 minutes.
Ready to buy COVID-19 rapid antigen test kits? Get in touch with Alpha Medical Solutions today.
What is a rapid antigen test (RAT)?
A rapid antigen test or RAT is a fast and convenient diagnostic test designed for self- or at-home testing. A RAT can quickly identify the presence or absence of an antigen or the viral proteins of the SARS-CoV-2 virus for the detection of COVID-19. Aside from detecting whether a person is infected with COVID-19, RATs can also be used to differentiate the common cold and influenza from COVID-19.
How do I complete a RAT?
The RAT process is quite simple. Here are the steps to complete a rapid antigen test:
- Prepare your COVID rapid antigen test kit.
- Open the kit and check the instructions carefully.
- Confirm that the kit includes the contents indicated in the packaging. These usually include a liquid, a swab, and a receptacle for the swab (needed while waiting for the test results).
- Using the liquid provided in the kit, wet the testing area.
- Collect your sample using the enclosed swab. During this step, you may need to circle the swab in each of your nostrils several times.
- Once done, put the swab onto or into the test kit. When the swab comes into contact with the testing surface and liquid, it will start to produce a result.
- Even if you see a coloured line or some other sign form almost instantly, sit back and wait for the confirmed results for about 15-20 minutes.
How long do results take to show on a RAT?
As indicated by their name, RATs generate results quickly, in as little as 15-20 minutes.
When I buy a rapid antigen test online, how long does shipping take?
When you purchase a rapid antigen test online, shipping usually takes one to seven working days. However, because of current COVID-19 restrictions, there may be extended delivery times which can take up to 10 business days.